Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Makerspace near me ... Can't find CDL

Hey! We're getting more members! Yes! But despite my efforts the search engines: DuckDuckGo, Bing and Google can't seem to find many Makerspaces near me (i.e. in NJ, Grrrr!). I get Rutger's Makespace (which is near me), sometimes I get Fubar and a lot of Makerspaces in NY City and Philadelphia, especially on the maps feature. As far as search engines go DuckDuckGo and Bing are horendous! I've added CDL/Computer Deconstruction Lab to Bing and Google, a ton a sites used for looking up makespaces. Many of the 'popular' sites are impossible to contact. The rest I've added us (CDL) in hope we'll be found. I'm gonna start working the Social Media sites and see if that helps. Wow that's a lot of work.

Now on to things that make more sense for a Makerspace! We've got the Taz Lulzbot printing pretty well. It might need a few more adjustments but it's working well. I've been working on my Monoprice Select Mini V1 (MP200). I've got the SCR added, the old bed taken off and I have the new parts to add. Matt started up the CNC and can operate the X, Y and Z. Pat has done some more work on the telescope. It's coming along rather nicely and work rather well. I'm adding the Arduino projects to the CompDecon Github projects. For now I'll stick to C (Arduino Env so C & C++) and Python 3. Later when we need to handle web pages I'll start working on teaching HTML, CSS and Javascript. I'm also looking to built a Telsa Coil, Jacobs Ladder, 'wireless' light (Tesla's wireless power), some Smart Home projects and more. The list grows but that's not a bad thing. :-)

We've got new additional hours, the Makerspace is now open on Sunday from 12 until 5PM in addition to our Monday 7 - 10PM hours. We're also opening on Oct 12th & 13th from 12 until 5PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Makerspace near me ... Can't find CDL

Hey! We're getting more members! Yes! But despite my efforts the search engines: DuckDuckGo, Bing and Google can't seem to find many...