Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Let there be light - 2022-02-14

... so it started with I couldn't get the gate open. The lock box wouldn't budge so I couldn't get the key to open the gate. Fortunately Joe Wilkes showed up to unlock the gate. Since he's no longer on the CDL board he gave me the keys. I can now get in much easier, yea!

So once inside Joe, Pat and I were shooting the breeze. I remembered that someone donated a few fluorescent bulbs so I attempted to replace the dead bulbs. We now have a bit more lights working. I need at least 4 more T8 bulbs then all the light fixtures will have working lights.

While I futzed with the bulbs Pat was busy with the telescope. He did done some searching online and noted that we seemed to be missing a part but not an important part. While disassembling the transmission he discovered that our scope had a bearing that popped out which allowed the axle to flop around inside the transmission. He put the bearing back and gave it a quick test. Huge improvement, this time I got it on video. After some more adjustments Pat thinks he has it working as well as can be expected. There's a kit online that may be able to improve it's operation some more so we'll probably invest in that. Next week we might be able to take the scope outside and give it a go.

After the telescope Joe and Pat were asking questions about the 3D printers. Where to start, what software etc. That turned into a bit of a discussion on everything 3D. We closed up shop a bit earlier this week (10PM instead of 11PM). Pat will share with me his photos, Joe will send me his CNC Notes and I'll work on the 3D Printer Notes. I'll also work on a set of PI, Arduino and RP2040 notes. The makerspace is coming together quite well. Now it's time to bring up dues. We have to have a way of paying for this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Makerspace near me ... Can't find CDL

Hey! We're getting more members! Yes! But despite my efforts the search engines: DuckDuckGo, Bing and Google can't seem to find many...